So I am starting this new section called muffins in the mountains. Basically, I want to create some deliciously healthy recipes for you to enjoy. I’ll be photographing them outdoors because aesthetics, but also to promote an active life style! Let me know what you think in the comments!
Let’s have a chat about these muffins. They’re only 64 calories each, and you get 2 grams of protein too! (Yay muscles!) The cherries and pistachios are the perfect sweet and salty duo for these babes. (Yes, I just called my muffins babe).
Mini Cherry Pistachio Muffins
Yield: 36 muffins Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
2 cups flour + 1 TBSP for coating
¾ cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup 1% milk
1 tsp vanilla
¾ cup dried cherries, chopped
¼ cup pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease 2 mini muffin pans
- In a large bowl mix together the 2 cups of flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together applesauce, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add the remaining flour to the cherries and pistachios, coat well. Set aside.
- Gently stir the liquids into the flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Fold in the cherries and pistachios
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way full and bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrition: Calories: 64, Fat: 1g, Carbohydrates: 13g, Sugar: 7g, Fiber: 0g, Protein: 2g