Once upon a time there was a young girl whose mom had a KILLER brownie recipe (seriously, so friggin’ good). After a while, the girl decided to change things up. She started adding cheesecake, which was delicious, but still kinda boring. One day the girl stood in her pantry for 20 minutes trying to brain storm yummy combinations to these brownies and all of a sudden it came to her… add pie filling! Thus, cherry cheesecake brownies.
If you don’t die of a sugar high, try them a la mode!
For the brownies
1 cup butter or margarine, room temp
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 ½ cup flour
2 tsp. vanilla
For the cheesecake (adapted from Good Housekeeping)
16 oz. cream cheese, room temp
¾ cup sugar
1 egg yolk
½ tsp. vanilla
21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar. Add cocoa powder and mix on medium until just incorporated.
- Add eggs one at a time on medium
- Still on medium speed, slowly pour in flour and mix until fully absorbed
- Carefully stir in vanilla
- Set aside
- Put cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl and mix on medium speed until smooth
- Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated
- Stir in vanilla
- Carefully fold in pie filling. I like streaks of pie filling and cheesecake, but you can fully stir in if you want.
- In a 9×13 greased and floured pan, spoon in brownie mixture to fill the whole pan.
- Carefully pour cheesecake on top
- With a butter knife, make swirls in the brownies to create a marbled effect. Be careful not to stir cheesecake into the brownie because you won’t get the cheesecake on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Cool for 1 hour and store in the refrigerator